Performance Lifestyle Advisor (12 months Fixed Term)
- £26,000 to £30,000
- Lawn Tennis Association
- Placed On
- Mon 10th October, 2016
- 5:00pm - Sun 23rd October, 2016
- Sport / Activity
The role provides support to junior players, and their parents and coaches, in order for them to manage the many aspects of off court life whilst on the junior pathway.
Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team, the role involves working extensively with players and parents on National Junior Camps as well as delivering education based workshops to the British Tennis network.
When applying online please details in your covering letter your suitability for the role, your current salary and whether you would prefer full or part time hours.
Working as part of the Performance team, to support junior players, and their parents and coaches, to manage their lifestyle whilst on the junior pathway, in order for them to maintain success on and off court. The education and applied delivery elements of the role will be focused on developing elite players personally and professionally within the National Junior Camps, and providing British Tennis with a competitive advantage in world junior tennis. Working closely with both the National Junior Manager and the Sport Science and Sport Medicine team, this position will support all aspects of a player's well-being and life off court in order to maximise performance.
- To work within an interdisciplinary team to improve performance of elite junior players through developing and implementing a tennis specific bespoke programme with focus on the
areas of: Education & Personal Development, Professional skills development, Well-being and mental health, Managing transitions and change
- To assist in developing & delivering a comprehensive, workshop based, group education and life skills programme to all age group players at National Junior Camps.
- To work closely with the National Junior Manager to actively support the junior pathway. This includes explaining programmes and giving guidance and support to parents and players throughout their journey along the pathway.
- To assist in organising and providing social and pastoral support to all age group players at National Junior Camps in conjunction with the Performance Pastoral Supervisor.
- To conduct individual 1-2-1 sessions with new camp players and create, build and sustain good relationships with all age group players at National Junior Camps.
- To deliver various workshops to players, parents and coaches within the British Tennis network at regional venues across the country.
- To create, build and sustain excellent relationships with parents of National Junior Camp players including offering 1-2-1 bespoke support at camps and domestic tournaments.
- To co-ordinate and develop lifestyle resources in different mediums for use within the British Tennis network and on the LTA website.
- To work closely and build effective working relationships with the Senior Performance Lifestyle Advisor, the National Junior Manager and with colleagues in the performance operations, coaching, sport science and sports medicine teams to ensure that all services complement each aspect of the LTA performance strategy and operations.
Active Dorset actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.